Montara Hotel Area Guide
When you stay at the Ocean View Inn your staying at more than just your average Half Moon Bay hotel. The area surrounding our location is home to many exciting attractions and sites. Members of the hotel staff are happy to recommend attractions, sites, dining, shopping and more. Half Moon Bay and the area are home to festivals year round, and a quaint historical main street, and your hotel places you close to all of it.
- Beaches - Whale Cove, Fitzgerald Marine Reserve and Montara State Beach are ideal locations to sun bathe, out your feet in the water and have a lovely picnic.
- Shopping - Discover the quaint and unique shops that our coast side community offers, from the historic downtown of Half Moon Bay to the shops at Pillar Point Harbor. Coastside shopping is sure to provide beautiful and unique souvenirs of your visit.
- Surfing - Hang 10 at one of the local surfing hotspots, including the popular Mavericks beach.
- Golfing - Whether you tee up in Half Moon Bay or north to Pacifica, golf in the most scenic courses along the coast.
- Hiking - See all of the breathtaking landscape in this coastal wonderland. Ask our staff about the best trails in the area.
- Dining - The Half Moon Bay area offers an array of dining choices, choose from fresh fish to comfort California food. Innkeepers are happy to help you make a choice.
- Historical Lighthouses
- Sea life Reserve
- Whale Watching Tours
- Fishing Tours
- Sailboat Rides
- Seaside Concerts